Saturday, August 19, 2006

Tip of the Week - Writer's Block

I subscribe to Writer's Digest and was reading an article about several authors. They were asked questions regarding how they approach writing, and what they do in certain situations.

One author commented on what he does when he gets writers block, and I thought it was a good idea.

What he said that he does when he gets stuck, is to take some time away from the writing, and go back to earlier chapters and do some editing and revisions. Maybe today is not the day for you to have the grand inspiration for your new chapter. Maybe today is the day for you to polish some of your existing work.

I havent had a chance to try this yet, mainly because I have been on a roll lately. I think that it has merit though.

Happy Writing!

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home