Sunday, July 09, 2006

Checking In

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted here; things have been quite hectic in my family. Just as an update, my first novel is finished. I'm working on the rewriting, editing, and proofing. I'm also looking for a publisher/agent of Christian suspense. If any of you have any connections, ideas, lists of reputable contacts, etc. please feel free to share them, as I am a total greenhorn in this area. I've also started my second novel, From the Dust of Rose Hill and was on a pretty good roll with it until life interrupted. Now it's time to get back to cranking out the pages.

I missed out on the short story competition--chickened out. I thought that I could not write about my childhood, even a fictional adaptation. But not being able to prompted me to explore my feelings, and now I'm thinking, yes, I really should go there. Perhaps this second novel will give opportunity to explore some of those areas. I have plenty of material. But my fear is that it will all turn out dark and maudlin. I really want to entertain, not depress. A part of me knows that it is possible to take these ugly scenes and make something beautiful of them. Fear is holding me back--the same fear that kept me from writing the first novel. And look, six months later, the first draft is complete. I'm sure it's not Pulitzer Prize material, but it's a novel. And of that I am right proud.

How are all your projects coming along? I trust everyone is having a delightful summer and a productive one. Don't forget to stop by here. You're missed when you're not around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home