Friday, January 27, 2006

Revision 1 of Chapter 1 is complete

Fellow writers:

After many revision passes, I have decided to post my new version of chapter 1 of my book: Black, White and Shades of Gray.

It pulled in part of the original chapter 2, and has a lot of new material. PLEASE feel free to make comments, bleed on it, point out flaws (I found several during revision), etc.

You won't hurt my feelings if you offer criticism, constructive or otherwise. An honest critique is much more beneficial than a simple "I like it."

You can read at your leisure, but please don't feel pressured to do so.

The post is here:http://blackwhiteandshadesofgray.blogspot.com/

Thanks and Happy Writing!

Dave

2 Comments:

Blogger C. H. Green said...

Dave,
Thank you for the email letting me know about your novel. I read the first chapter. Now I find myself returning to read the remainder. I suppose that is a good thing. All writers want a page turner. As far as critique of the first chapter goes, I'll get around to it. But it certainly is off to a good start. Thanks for sharing.

7:20 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

chg:

Everytime I see those initials, I think it is my sister.

I plan to have chapter 2 revised in the coming days. I really whacked on it, and I am in the process of repairing it now.

Please feel free to read the first draft. I will tell you though that I am not very happy with chapters 1-6. They are the oldest writing. Chapters 7-11 are new writing in 2005. There is a marked difference.

With this first revision, I am endeavoring to bringing the first 6 chapters up to speed with the rest of the book.

Thank you for your comments, and I hope you enjoy the story.

Dave

8:56 PM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home