Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hello, and a Flash Fiction

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Dave for the invitation to join you all here, and to introduce myself to those who don't know me, which is probably everyone else.

I’m Nona. I’m 24 years old and have been writing since about the 6th grade. I do occasionally try to sell something, and submit occasionally to online magazines, but so far there has only been one bite, and it was non-paying. Mainly I do it for the fun of it, writing as a hobby, and I figure if I keep it up long enough I’m bound to impress someone enough to get them to pay me for it.

Feel fee to ask me whatever you want, and you can always visit my Writers Notebook blog to see what I write but don’t share here.

And I may as well jump in and share something. This one is just a little flash fiction. Not too many words in me tonight.

THE FLY FRIGHT

When I opened my mouth to sing, a fly flew in. That was no big deal. When your mouth is open as much as mine is, you're bound to house in it an insect or two.

The problem was that the fly decided to explore that particular crevice just as I took a deep breath, and I had a six legged thing buzzthumping down my throat.

*cough*
*gasp*
*choke*

"What the hell was that?"

That wasn't me, that was the fly, loud and angry from somewhere in my belly.

It took 3 bottles of water to shut him up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Nona,
Your flash is hilarious!
Feel free to comment/leave feedback on my little stories posted here!
Welcome!
-Lisa

10:53 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

ROFLMBO!

AHHHHH Another bottle GURGLE GURGLE GURGLE

Too funny

7:40 PM, January 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, that was good :) Thanks for sharing.

5:00 AM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home