Thursday, February 16, 2006

Poll

Hello and Good Morning,

I'm stepping out of the shadows to make my first post. Not one to intimidate easily, I will admit that I have not posted before. Why? Well, I look at the other posts and ask myself... ummm... what tips do you have? The resounding answer every time has been... ummm... I dunno?

Nevertheless, I have just completed a great ride of self-publishng my first blook (book based on a blog) and I am doing, as Dave suggested, revisions, revisions and more revisions before I officially release it to the public on March 15th:

During this time, I have learned as much about myself as about the publishing process, picked up a few resources and ideas here and there that I'd be happy to share. But before I do so, to the purpose of this post: The Poll


  1. Name: Dee Stafford, Pen Name: D.S. White (I know, I know... huge departure... LOL).


  2. Book writers: What is your genre?

    Creative Non-Fiction, Young Adult Fiction and Adult Fiction.

  3. Other writers: What are you pursuing?

  4. I've entered the Shrine of the Madonna Short Story Contest and I am geared up to enter another by the end of this month.

  5. What is your current WIP?

  6. I have several works in progress:

    • Two semi-completed short stories

    • 1 Creative Non-Fiction Anthology

    • 1 Young Adult Fiction book

    • 2 Adult Fiction books, and

    • A greeting card line.


  7. What steps, if any, have you taken toward publication?

  8. As mentioned above I have just self-published my first blook and it entailed:

    a) Hiring a graphic artist, layout artist and editor
    b) Purchasing my own ISBN's
    c) Setting up my own Press
    d) Finding a viable POD Company (besides Lulu)
    e) Working out my Marketing Strategy (you want to do this one first)
    f) Contacting Reviewers for reviews etc.

  9. What do you need the MOST from this community?


  10. What any community should offer, be it writers or whatever. Support, hand holding, honesty, constructive (yet gentle) criticism etc.

  11. What do you feel you have to OFFER?

  12. Resources that I've picked up in my research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home